The Natural History Museum and the civic Planetarium are two structures located in Palazzo Belgioioso in Lecco, a well-structured museum complex offering visitors the opportunity to trace the economic, social and environmental history of Lecco.
The natural history museum shows the natural environment of the area reviving the scientific culture of the late XIX century. Its visit is guided by panels and captions about the ecosystems of the area and the ecological behavior of the main animal species within the zoological collections.
The museum consists of nine rooms and each one presents and treats a specific theme ranging from birds to insects up to minerals.
- Monday: closed
- From Tuesday till Friday: 10am-2pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10am-6pm
Contacts and further info: +39 0341481248
The civic Planetarium instead is one of the best facilities of the kind in Italy. Its dome is eight meters wide in diameter and has a 62 seats capacity. It reproduces the sky appearance as visible to a naked eye.
The planetarium simulates the sky as it is really visible from any point on Earth and at any date with perfect visibility conditions.
- From Monday to Friday mornings: visits reserved for schools (on reservation)
- Saturday is reserved for children. Discover the program!
- Sunday: planning at 4 p.m.
- adults € 6.00
- kids and seniors € 4.00
- free: accompanying people on educational tours
- free: people with disabilities
For booking activities at the Civic Planetarium please contact the following phone nr. +39 3288985316