Premana Ethnographic Museum displays a rich collection of objects , instruments, clothes and tools of common use. They are ancient witnesses of peasant culture and of the material and economic life of Premana and High Valsassina.
Very intresting is the Hall of Costume , where traditional costumes are displayed together with those still in use nowadays and it’s possible to admire the recostruction of an ancient typical kitchen.
The Hall of Agriculture presents in an original way the various tools and rural life.
The most peculiar room is the Hall of Iron , where the visitors can retrace the historical steps of iron workimg in the territory of Premana , still known as the land of scissors and knives.
Outside the museum there’s a wide garden with kids playground.
Opening hours 2020:
- From April to October : wednesday from 10 to 12 a.m. and sunday from 10.00 to 12.00 a.m. and from 3.00 to 6.00 p.m.
- August : all days from 10.00 to 12.00 a.m. and from 3.00 to 6.00 p.m.
- Guided tours by appointment ( visits for groups and shool during all year in hours and days of the week to be agreed ).
- Open on request in in hours and days
- Adults: € 3,00
- Groups ( about 15 people ): € 2,00
- Elementay and Middle school children: € 1,50
- Over 65 years old: € 2,00
- Children up to 6 years old: free
- Residents in Premana: free
- Owners of Premana Rivive L’Antico ticket with entrance gift to the museum: free
- Increase for guided tour (on request): € 1,00 per person
- Increase for guided tour to museum and to the historical center of Premana (groups/on request): € 1,50 per person
For informations about visits contact the Centro Unico Prenotazioni of Montagne Lago di Como.
THE MUSEUM IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED