Bellano Gorge is a natural waterfall, formed in ancient times by Pioverna creek flown into Lake Como, after going through the entire length of Valsassina’s valley.
Over thousands of years water has carved a deep gorge and shaped the magnificent cliffs of the mountain, creating a gloomy and picturesque environment.
The grave rumble of the turbulent waters and the wild beauty of nature have always inspired mysterious tales and legends and even nowadays these places are surrounded by an aura of mistery.
In the collective imaginary Cà del Diavol evokes fears and satanic rituals, maling the mysterious charm of the Orrido even more palpable. A cement walkway allows visitors to walk through the steep rocks and appreciate the charm of these places.
The Orrido is open all year round. In particular, during the hot summer days, it’a also possible to enjoy the coolness of the gorge.
Visiting hours 2023:
- Open every day from 1st March 2023. From Monday to Thursday from 10 am to 5 pm; Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 7 pm
- APRIL: From Monday to Thursday from 10 am to 5 pm; Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 7 pm. * From 6 to 11 April and from 24 to 1St May open from 9 am to 7 pm
- MAY: From Monday to Thursday from 10 am to 6 pm; Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 7 pm.
- JUNE JULY AUGUST: From Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 8 pm
- Full Admission: Euro 5,00
- Children (6 to 12 years old): Euro 3,00
- Groups of more than 15 members: Euro 4,00 cad.
- Residents (in possession of identity card issued by the Municipality of Bellano): free entrance
- Children up to 6 years of age: free admission