Piani di Bobbio is one of the most famous resort among Lake Como mountains, and is located in Valsassina in the territory of Barzio, between 1660 and 2000 m.a.s.l.. It is very well connected to the village thanks to a cable car.
In winter, thanks to proximity to Milan, it is very popular ski resort both for local skiers, and for visitors wishing to spend a skiing holiday living directly on the ski slopes in one of the several mountain huts available there or in the close-by villages on the Valsassinese plateau. Together with the destination of Valtorta, Bobbio gives life to a larger ski resort with numerous slopes of various difficulty, modern lifts, ski schools and ski rental and equipment rental shops.
In spring and summer the destination is reached by many hikers on foot or by bikers climbing up form Barzio and travelling the various paths leading to Piandi di Artavggio, Passo del Toro and Val Biandino, stopping at the various shelters in the area.
For freeride lovers there is also a bike park.
In Bobbio there are many opportunities to practice climbing, with the “via ferrata” Zucco Pesciola (equipped climbing route) going to the top of Zuccone Campelli an other wlle-equipped and signposted climbing walls, such as Zucco Angelone and Corona di Bobbio.
You can reach Piani di Bobbio also on foot:
- From the departure downstream of the cable car of Barzio: easy, 2.30 – 3 hours
- From Barzio through the Pequeno itinerary: easy but steepo, 2.30 hours
Many are the itineraries from and to Piani di Bobbio:
- From Piani di Bobbio to Piani di Artavaggio through the Sentiero degli Stradini: binding, 2 1/2 hours
- From Piani di Bobbio to Piani di Artavaggio through Forcellino: easy, 3 hours
- From Piani di Bobbio to Rifugio Buzzoni: easy, 1 hour
- From Piani di Bobbio to Passo del Toro and Rifugio Grassi (footpath 101): excurtional, 2 1/2 hours
- Campelli loop – trail , from Piani di Artavaggio to Piani di Bobbio: excurtional , about 3 hours