The Castle of Orezia, built in the late Middle Ages to forbid the Valvarrone road, is located on a cliff dominating the village of Dervio.
Of the original building, it remains today a well-preserved Tower, flanked by the remains of ancient houses built.
Its first citation dates back to 1039, when the castle suffered a long siege by the armies of the Tre Pievi lariane.
The Orezia’s Castle was part of the defense system created on the banks of the Lario to face the barbarian rushes from the Rezia and it was used to control the ancient road on the left side of Valvarrone, which connected Dervio with Piazzo di Casargo at the entrance of Valsassina.
The Tower of Orezia’ Castle, recently restored, is now open thanks to the volunteers of Pro Loco di Dervio. Visit also the Castle of Corenno Plinio.
- From May to September: All Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30 to 12:30 and from 14:30 to 17:30.
- Mid-week opening for groups / groups upon reservation.
- Closed in case of bad weather.
- € 2.00: entrance to the tower
- € 1.00: for groups of more than 20 people
- Free entry for residents of Dervio and children under 14 years of age.
Photos of Angelo Colombo and Luigi and Ausilia Albarelli.