Valsassina’s cycle path winds along the bottom of the valley for about 12 km, surrounded by the green of the Lake Como mountains.
The course is entirely paved and far from the road, it is separated by a wooden fence, and it runs rather flat along the Pioverna creek, overpassing it here and there with wooden bridges.
There are several entry points accessible by car, following are a few:
- in Barzio, in the hamlet of Fornace, with a wide parking located in the area of Sagra delle Sagre
- in Introbio, at the beginning of the village coming from Pasturo, nearby Cademartori premises
- in Primaluna, going down to Via Caraletta, nearby the Tennis club
- in Cortenova from the bridge leading to Prato S. Pietro nearby the Banca della Valsassina
- in Taceno, in the hamlet of Tartavalle
- now under completion in the path connecting Cortenova to Taceno, in the hamlet of Bindo (it’s necessary to get off the cycle path and go along the road for the same distance).
- the overall length of the cycle path, from Taceno (Tartavalle locality) to Barzio (Fornace locality) is about 13.8 km.
Along the cycle path there are some kiosks with kids playground and refreshment areas as well as picnic areas.