Val Biandino develops from the village of Introbio to north-east , reaching up the slopes of Pizzo dei Tre Signori and the Orobie on Bergamo and Valtellina sides.
Go up from Introbio along an easy accessible road, that skirts the creek Troggia , slightly ascending and in about two hours you will be at the entrance of the valley. Some mountain huts offer transport service by four wheel drive.
Once at Bocca di Biandino and Tavecchia mountain hut , the valley opens to its visitor : large , wild and untouched. In a few minutes the Madonna della Neve Sanctuary and the namesake mountain hut can be reached and the view opens over the Pizzo dei Tre Signori massive.
Accompanied by the whistling marmots it’s impossible not to go any further until Lake Sasso with its blue-green water , where in summer you can still find snow.
Val Biandino is the starting point of many trekking itineraries , to the Pizzo dei Tre Signori summit , to Passo del Toro and Piani di Bobbio , to Valvarrone and the mountain huts Varrone and Santa Rita and to Pian delle Betulle. Several are the mountain huts where to stop or stay overnight when undergoing longer excursions, or simply to enjoy the experience of living at high altitude. The mountain guides and the mountain huts also offer summer and winter excursions with snowshoes or ski touring.
Here some itineraries from and to Val Biandino:
- From Pian delle Betulle to Val Biandino: excurtional , 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Lake Sasso in Val Biandino: excurtional , 3 hours and 30 minutes
- From Premana at the discover of Valle dei Forni: excurtional , 3 hours and 30 minutes
- From Paglio to Lares Brusaa: excurtional , 3 hours
- Tour of the Lakes of Bitto: excurtional , 1 day with departure and arrival from Rifugio Santa Rita.
- From Pizzo Tre Signori froma Val Biandino: expert excursionist, about 2 hours the climb Pizzo Tre Signori
Photos by Alessia Bergamini and Giovanna Frigerio